Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Unusually for me I have a week of poetry events coming up... well two events anyway!
Sally Evans' Callander poetry weekend begins this Friday, I'm reading on the Saturday morning alongside Kemal Houghton, Robin Cairns, Juliana Greer, John Coutts, Katy Conrad, A. C. Clarke, Richie McCaffery and Morelle Smith. I'll be staying for the afternoon readings which will be from the Split Screen anthology and the Filmpoem project, so really looking forward to that. And then on the Monday night I'll be introducing Donald S Murray to read in Dunoon and, hopefully, have some music from a Gaelic singer. Hoping it'll be a good turn out. I've been running around town today putting up posters for it!
The photographer whose picture illustrates my poems in the recent Northwords Now has said that she would like to do a collaborative pamphlet witth my poems and her pictures. I really like the idea of this but actually getting it published is looking like it could be pretty tricky, neither of us being famous and photos being costly to print, which is a real shame.

4 comments:

James Owens said...

wish i could be there to hear you!!

any chance of audio??

.

Marion McCready said...

oh I hadn't thought of that, possibly...

Titus said...

Cool! Have a blast at Callendar, and hip hooray for Dunoon.

Have you looked at 'blurb' online for the pamphlet? ArtSparker produced a beautiful book of words and photography, reproduction was very good. I don't think it's cheap, but not extortionate either.

Marion McCready said...

thanks titus :) hmmm don't have much spare cash for that, used to see the odd competition about for poetry / photography collaboration, going keep my eye out for something like that to come along and maybe give it a try