Friday, December 14, 2012

I'm now allowed to shout it from the rooftops (and believe me I am)...

I've won a New Writers Award for poetry from The Scottish Book Trust!!!!!


The Scottish Book Trust annually out  gives out  eleven New Writers Awards: four for fiction, two for children and young adult writing, two for writing in Scots, two for poetry and one extra awarded in memory of Callan Gordon.
The Award is an amazing package of a whopping £2000 cheque to further my writing, a year's worth of mentoring with PR and publishing advice and a week at Cove Park which is a residental retreat for artists, musicians and writers and is, funnily enough, just across the Clyde from me!

I head up to Edinburgh on Monday to pick up my cheque and hopefully find out about what kind of mentoring I'll get and who I will get to work with over this next year.

I am so blown away by it all, never in a million years did I dare hope that I'd actually win an award!

10 comments:

James Owens said...

fantastic news!!!!! i am delighted for you!!!!

.

Clarissa Aykroyd said...

Congratulations!! How very exciting - and useful :)

swiss said...

nice! well done!

Marion McCready said...

thankyou! :)

Titus said...

Oh that's fabby-dabby! Congratulations, it's lovely to recognise someone on a list. Looking forward to all that results from it.

McGuire said...

Amazing!

Well done.

:)

Roxana said...

ooooh

this is wonderful, i am so happy for you!!!!!

Heather said...

Great stuff. The feeling when you get some recognition is wonderful. I've never won a big prize but an unexpected acceptance of a poem of mine had me shaking and wanting to shout it from the rooftops! Well done. Enjoy it - wallow!

Claire A said...

Mega congrats! I got a 2011/12 one and it's been fab so far! :D

Marion McCready said...

thanks heather and claire, I appreciate that :)