Thursday, January 19, 2017

She's nearly here...



After much toing and froing Madame Ecosse is finally at the printers - I'm so looking forward to seeing the book jump out of my head (off the page) and come to life as a real thing!

I did a phone interview for Napier University student magazine about my writing which you can read the write-up of here.

I'm enjoying having time to read and start to write again. Tentatively writing notes, odd lines and images - slowing feeling my way back into writing mode. I've been reading James Wright and today I started reading Adam Zagajewski's Unseen Hand collection - wonderful wonderful poems.


4 comments:

Clarissa Aykroyd said...

I adore Adam Zagajewski. I am often wary of citing my influences (in case they sound like hubris, mainly!) but he is undoubtedly one. Enjoy. And congrats again on the book!

Marion McCready said...

Thank you! Have you read Sujata Bhatt? He reminds me of her in a way and I love her work. I'll be milking the Zagajewski book for inspiration, wonderful poems, delighted to have come across them.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to the new book Ms M.Congratulations!

Marion McCready said...

thanks Julie, hope all is well with you! X